Monday, April 4, 2011

WWJD

‘What Would Jesus Do’ is a band on my wrist

Do I really act on it when my life takes a twist?

What do I do when life overwhelms?

Do I say: Peace! Be Still! Take charge at the helm?

When a demon dares accost me, do I run in fear?

Or like Jesus say: Be quiet. Get out. Don’t ever step back here.

When my friend’s forsake when I need them most

And have begged them for me to pray

Do I sink into depression, or like Jesus simply say:

They do love me, I know they do, and yet they are weak

It’s OK, let them slumber on, it’s my Father I will seek

I’ll keep loving them as though they never forsook me

And be there for them, always near, right through eternity

Let this band on my wrist be more than my fashion statement

Let it be my way of living, coz that’s what the author meant!

No comments:

Post a Comment