Sunday, November 9, 2014

GO! SHINE IN THE DARKNESS!

How can I be light when I'm cloistered in the Church?
How can I be light when I leave darkness in the lurch?
I need to step out into the darkness to be
The light that Father commanded Jesus, now me.

Jesus said: You are the light of the world, go and preach
We say: Darkness come here, come to church, hear us teach
Isn't that backwards, turned right around?
No wonder the lost stay lost and never get found

We sing: Light of the world, You stepped out into darkness
Yet we won't dirty our feet to follow His steps
We sing all our songs and preach all our sermons
While the dying keep walking to eternity in hell.

Let us remember that Jesus said: Go!
Carry your light into darkness and show
That light conquers darkness like I conquered hell
If it only steps out into darkness to tell.

So let's leave our cloister, let's do what He said
Let's lay down our lives for those living, still dead
Let's walk into darkness and turn on the light
By living like Jesus in the world's constant night.

Jesus said: You are the light of the world. Let your light SHINE...
Then He said: GO into all the world and preach the gospel....

No comments:

Post a Comment