Sunday, January 18, 2009

FREIND, COME UP HIGHER...

Jesus was my Savior
When my journey just began...
My journey into discovery
Taken by every man
When I walked in darkness
In sin and misery...
Jesus came and showed the light
Forgave sin and set me free.
Then I began to read His Word...
And I was His child
He became my Father
Teacher, Counselor, Strength and Guide
His Word turned into flesh in me
As I chose to obey
It changed me ever so gently
Though sometimes I did despair
My Self...it never likes the Word
It struggles and it squirms
It tries to wangle out of Truth
It tries to dodge and spurn
‘Cause to obey is sacrifice
It’s laying down my life
It’s letting go, it’s giving in
It’s nothing short of death!
The Word and Self they battle on
Sometimes it rages strong
But as I call on Him for help
He holds, helps and leads on.
He leads me on to victory
‘Cause He has won the war
Each battle whether won or lost
The final’s His, I know!
As I obey and as He helps
I move on step by step
Closer, higher, deeper still
In our relationship
Now He’s my Savior, Master, King
Provider, Protector, Everything!
Father, Mother, Brother, Lover
But best of all He’s Friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment